usbntmap.sys in Windows ME

anchor 10:08 04 Jan 2005

Can anyone with Win-ME tell me in what folder usbntmap.sys is located.

A friend with ME needs this file to install his camera on USB.

Many thanks.

JIM 10:21 04 Jan 2005

Put a copy of the file in each of two places - C:\Windows\System and C:\Windows\System32

Windows ME critical files. Having trouble finding your camera as a "removeable disk" on your Windows ME system? There are three critcial Windows system files that ME users will need in order to see their camera as a removable disk drive:

* USBSTOR.SYS

* USBNTMAP.SYS

* USBMPHLP.PDR

These three files are available for download for Vivitar customers as a coutesy and convenience. These are Microsoft Windows system files and provided here for your assistance.

The three files are zipped into a single file for ease of download. Instructions: 1) download this zip file and save to your desktop, 2) extract (unzip) the zip file (named WinMEfiles.zip) to a folder. The three files will be included in that folder.

When prompted during device installation, browse to the folder that includes files.

For reference, these files should be placed in the following directories:

USBSTOR.SYS > c:\windows\system32\drivers

USBNTMAP.SYS > c:\windows\system32\drivers

USBMPHLP.PDR > c:\windows\system\iosubsys

click here

anchor 10:38 04 Jan 2005

Jim:

Many thanks for your kind help. I have downloaded the files, and will send them to him, (with instructions), by e-mail.

This is one the good things about Win-XP, it seems most necessary drivers are already there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017