USBInfo as per magazine issue 127 Feb 2006

s4wrs 17:18 13 Dec 2005

Is it me or has anyone else hit a problem with USBInfo? USBInfo is recommended as 'tool of the month', page 178 issue 127 Feb 2006 PC Advisor magazine.

I cannot get the copy on the magazine included cover disc to work. The version on the recommended site ( click here ) is a downloadable zip file. Unfortunately, although I have downloaded it and 'unzipped', I cannot see how to run it? One of the help files included simply says" can be started in the usual way by double clicking ".

I think it is probably me being a bit dense! Can anyone help with my brain storm. Thanks David

mgmcc 20:09 13 Dec 2005

From the link you posted, the application appears to be for use with the RISC operating system, not Windows.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:49 13 Dec 2005
  s4wrs 11:29 14 Dec 2005

Thanks mgmcc, but I cannot see a windows version on the site and it was recommended by the article? Can you see a windows version anywhere on the site? The alternative link provided by Fruit Bat is not freeware (thanks Fruit Bat). Perhaps the article is wrong, they sometimes make a mistake? I have now written to the pc magazine helpline for their advice. Thanks for your input.

PC Advisor features editor 16:12 20 Dec 2005

Apologies to all who tried to load up the USBInfo app from the February 06 issue of PC Advisor or followed the link listed in the magazine pages.

it looks like a case of the product name being Googled and not checked out. More than one product called USBInfo exists. The one that the text referred to can be found here: click here

although it's not obvious from the site, if you download the Personal version, you'll find the trial version when you install and run it. There’s a 15-day/100 use limit for the $19.95 program.

Regards,

Rosemary

Rosemary Haworth, features editor, PC Advisor

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?