loser7 18:50 04 Nov 2006

I have usb ports but they are not usb2.0 which is what i need. Is this a matter of just downloading software or does anybody know how i can get usb 2.0. thanks

  brundle 19:00 04 Nov 2006

You can install a USB2 PCI card - if your motherboard only supports USB1.1 on board, that is all you will get without the aforementioned card.
Something like this; click here

  Diodorus Siculus 19:00 04 Nov 2006

Depends on your setup; if you have a desktop PC and a spare PCI slot, you can add a PCI card such as click here

  loser7 19:02 04 Nov 2006

ok thanks a lot. will order one and see how it goes.

  Terry Brown 19:19 04 Nov 2006

You may fit a USB card in a spare PCI slot, however if your USB equipment (scanner / printer etc), is more than a few years old it will not run any faster, although USB Hard drives should.

  Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:27 05 Nov 2006

It may just be a matter of installing USB 2 drivers

How old is the PC, make, Model, what op sytem?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone