USB wireless not working!

Giggsy252 08:59 11 Jun 2006

I plugged in my wireless USB and my laptop is not recoginizing the device. It was working and now just says usb device has not been recoginzed. Im on windows xp, any advice would be grateful

Demora 09:20 11 Jun 2006

I have this problem sometimes IF I swap the usb connection. Try a restart with the device already plugged in. (Or a complete 'Shut down')

Failing that a system restore to the last date it was working properly.

D

Giggsy252 09:32 11 Jun 2006

thanks for that, i changed the port and reset my router (three times) and for now its running.

Demora 09:43 11 Jun 2006

Glad to help.

I have on occasions had to to a complete reinstall of the wireless driver and software. Might be an idea to have a zipped folder with these somewhere on the pc instead of always using the cd, naming folder something like backup wireless software. Just a thought

D

Giggsy252 22:43 12 Jun 2006

the usb wireless has decided to stop working again all of a sudden so annoying, when i plug it in, its says usb device not recognized, tried the other port and stil the same problem..

With my other usb devices, everything works fine, could it be a software issue?

Giggsy252 22:46 12 Jun 2006

cant do system restore for some reason now, or uninstall software, says their are some files that are locked? its the Dlink utlity software 122 version.

Any help would be greatfully appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?