Helproom

USB WIRELESS ADAPTER ISSUES

Forums > Helproom

Search forum:

Start new subject | Reply to this subject | Contact Forum Editor
[1]

Solva
Tue, 28/11/[email protected]:45

Hello guys recently I was using the internet connecting through broadband using a wireless router but using cables instead of a wireless adapter.

This was working fine. Then all of a sudden the connection dropped and I have not been able to connect again. It seems that the on board network card had gone.

So I decided It was time to get wireless bought my adapter installed it, the adapter was recongnized by Windows showed up as active on the system. So I finally went to set up my wireless connection through Wireless netowrk wizard, but only got as far as the point where It asked me to plug in my flash drive and select it when it is populated in the list.

But it never showed up. Which is odd. On my computer it shows up as a D drive but Network wizard cant see it. I have tried it in all 4 USB ports and the same thing happens. Anyway I thought I would un-install my usb drivers but now windows cant recognize my USB ports. As I cant connect to the net Im a bit stuck!

HELP

scotty 12:48 29 Nov 2006

You should only need to use the flash drive if you want to use the same settings on a number of computers. If you only have one computer connected to the router you do not use the flash drive.

Hopefully, you can get the wireless connection established and sort out your other problem. Having said that, I would have expected the USB to be recognised the next time you powered up your computer and the necessary software would install automatically.

Solva 17:16 08 Mar 2007

Thanks guys

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?