USB TV Stick connection

geedad 12:32 05 Dec 2009

I have just aquired a Digital Freeview USB Stick. It came with a miniature aerial socket and plug. After scanning, I am unable to receive any channels, and I want to know if there is a connection cable from the USB Stick to a NORMAL CO-AX Cable to enable me to plug it into my home outside aerial?
I need the same size to connect to the USB Stick, and at the other end, a CO-AX - plug.
Is there such a cable?
Thanks in advance.
geedad

woodchip 12:38 05 Dec 2009

you should be able to get a converter though I would have thought that one should have been supplied as they know that the small Ariel only works when close to Transmitter

Technotiger 15:46 05 Dec 2009

You should be able to connect your normal outdoor TV aerial to the USB TV Stick. You also need to be in a good Digital TV Reception area.

Or you could try a normal indoor aerial - however,the positioning of the small or indoor aerial is critical - a few inches movement in any direction can make all the difference.

Woolwell 15:50 05 Dec 2009

What is the make and model of your stick.

I have one and found it useless unless connected to my main TV aerial in the loft.

geedad 20:11 05 Dec 2009

woodchip
Technotiger
Thanks, both!
=====================
Woolwell - It is a Blaze USB TV Stick V 3.5, capable of recording Freeview channels.
Thank you also,
geedad

geedad 20:39 05 Dec 2009

woodchip,
Technotiger,
Woolwell.

I've been searching and found what seems to be the answer.It is an RF Coaxial to MCX Antenna Rooftop Adaptor DVB- T.

Thanks to all again!

geedad

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?