USB STICK refuses to load

mern 19:23 27 Dec 2006

Have a IGB stick. Tried uploading about a thousand pictures from My Pictures. Stick takes 172 only and then comes up with the message "the directory or file cannot be created" This occurs when I select all and try to download onto stick. So I assume the pictures which will not go on the stick are corrupted in some way. However if I try to load them individually( having wiped the stick first) there is no problem with the pictures in question. So once again I select all and try and download and again it stops at 172 pictures. I then try and add to the 172 individually and yes you've guessed it I can't When I have downloaded the 172 I have used only about one tenth of the sticks memory. Any ideas folks

Technotiger 19:27 27 Dec 2006

Hi, when you say (having wiped the disk first), do you mean you have re-formatted the disk, or just deleted the pics?

Diodorus Siculus 19:27 27 Dec 2006

There is a limit to the number of files that the root partition will hold; you need to create a folder into which they can be placed.

mern 20:30 27 Dec 2006

Thanks for your advice. The mistake I made was to open the file and try to download the pictures rather than download the file without opening it. Have now done the later and hey presto all is well

Diodorus Siculus 22:05 27 Dec 2006

?

Don't get that...

Do you mean you failed to copy the directory "my pictures"?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017