USB Skype Phone irritation

Pamy 15:46 07 Oct 2006

Hello everyone,

I have today perchased an ikino voice2000 usb handset phone from Argos to use with Skype. I had no problem connecting it and using it, but I do have an irritating problem that maybe someone could help me overcome.

Whilst it is connected to a usb port, any music/sounds that I want to listen to are through the handset and not my speakers. If I unplug the handset, music is back through my speakers as normal. Is there any way that I can have the handset connected (ready for incoming calls) but still have my music through the speakers?

Stuartli 16:04 07 Oct 2006

This is, apparently, a nuisance with USB handset phones - they configure themselves to be the Default audio device.

If you select the phone as the Default audio device in Skype and configure your other sound outlets for your onboard or sound card output it should, hopefully, stop the problem.

Pamy 16:19 07 Oct 2006

Thanks Stuartli, I cannot find any way to do what you suggest.

Stuartli 17:58 07 Oct 2006

In Skype it's Tools>Options>Sound Devices>select your USB phone for each of the three categories.

If you have Windows Media Player 10 it's Tools>Options>Devices>highlight Speakers>Properties>select onboard sound or sound card as appropriate.

Other devices will be very similar configuration.

Pamy 18:21 07 Oct 2006

Thanks again Stuartli, I have done what you suggest in Skype, but cannot find tools in Media player or Real player that I have.

Pamy 18:22 07 Oct 2006

I have now e-mailed Skype to see if they can help

Pamy 18:41 07 Oct 2006

I have now found the tools and done what you suggest but am afraid it is still the same. Whilst the handset is attached there is no sound from my speakers. Remove the handset and try again, and the sound is back through my speakers.

I will waite to see if Skype respond to me, otherwise will leave the handset un-attached untill required for use.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?