Is USB to SCART possible ?

Furkin 18:45 17 Jan 2006

Hi, I don't have a DVD Writer on the computer. I have Panny E55 & LitOn 5002 domestic DVD Recorders.
Does anyone know if it's possible to connect my computer to either of these recorders please ?

Thanks
Furkin

Thalmus 18:49 17 Jan 2006

not with USB or scart.

It MIGHT be possible to connect them using a serial cable if the DVD recorder has one, but i doubt it

ICF 19:03 17 Jan 2006

If your graphics card has TV out then it must be possible to record any video footage you have on your computer of anything you can see on the screen for that matter.

jimv7 19:11 17 Jan 2006

Yes it is if you use the Tevion DVD maker see click here

I bought mine from Aldi for £29.99, works well.

jack 20:07 17 Jan 2006

I was given X-pert DVD maker USB 2.0
from V stream click here

It comprises of a USB line with a dongle out from which the otherside are the typical S Video /AV and stereo sound connectors [Yellow/red/white] This feed a video signal into a PC from any source TV/VCR/DVD.
There is also abailable a Scart socket with similaS-vid and Yellow video etc., with an in/out switch which I use to record DVD onto VCR for example, does this help or am I going the wrong way?

Stuartli 20:33 17 Jan 2006

It's normally far easier to connect a computer system's output TO other audio and visual equipment rather than the other way round.

However, some TV cards can accept such inputs such as my Twinhan Freeview DVB-ter Digital+Analogue PCI card. See:

click here

But you need to use the now released Twinhan drivers and software with it rather than the supplied (and poorly matched) stop gap PowerCinema software.

Furkin 09:18 18 Jan 2006

Thanks all,
As expected, not quite as easy as I would have liked !
Have taken on board the suggestions here and looked at the kits mentioned. I have dropped XPERT DVD Maker a line re theirs.
If I'm going to spend money on cards/kits etc, I may as well get a DVD ReWriter (I can feel a new post coming on-> "Which is the best/cheapest DVD ReWriter" ?)
In the meantime, I'll click this as Resolved, but don't let it put you off adding comments. Once again many thanks to you all.
Furkin

€dstowe 09:22 18 Jan 2006

If you're getting a DVD writer, get one with a hard drive. A bit more expensive but you do have the capability of editing before committing your work to DVD - topping/tailing and removing adverts at the very least.

woodchip 10:33 18 Jan 2006

He means a DVD writer for is computer

€dstowe 10:35 18 Jan 2006

Oh.

Gongoozler 12:17 18 Jan 2006

Hi Furkin. You say you don't have a DVD writer on your computer, but they are very simple to fit, you simply remove your cd writer and fit the DVD writer in its place. The price is very reasonable (under £30) and probably not a lot more than you might have to spend on ways of avoiding it click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017