USB - problems connecting

ams4127 20:47 03 Mar 2003

I am unable to get my HP Photosmart P1000 printer connected to my computer.

Currently I have two HDDs, each with a seperate copy of XP running. Using drive C: it took me ages before the computer recognised the printer. Using drive Y: I cannot get them to communicate at all. I have tried every combination of cable that I can think of, but still nothing.

To prove things out I have just connected my laptop to the same printer using the same cable, and it was picked up straight away.

I have the latest drivers etc. which are not of any use because XP won't recognise the printer.

I think it all must point towards a fault in XP or the computer but I am at a loss to know what.

If anyone has got any suggestions I would be eternally grateful as it is driving me nuts!

BlueMeanie 21:15 03 Mar 2003

Hi

Have you tried HP web site for info.... This link click here details problems if you have Norton system works on your PC.

More info on this link click here

and this link click here

and...click here

Hope some of the above is useful. Try the HP "search engines" usually solutions can be found.

ams4127 20:26 04 Mar 2003

Thank you very much for your answer and links.

I'm off to read them now and, hopefully, get the various parts of my machine speaking to each other.

Thanks again for your help.

ams4127 21:18 04 Mar 2003

Done it!

All down to power management. Turned it off and the printer installed immediately.

Thanks again,

"One happy bunny!"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone