USB problems

stuntmasterFLUX 16:26 17 Sep 2006

had my pc running fine perfect, no problems whatsoever, then a few days ago I have started experiencing USB problems, mainly noticeable with my Lexmark X4250.

If I scan documents they will scan, and after say the fifth scan the unit dies wont scan, and if i print it'll be fine then just halt, no error messages nothing.

thinking it might be the printer, in went the PDA, WindowsXP throws an 'unrecognized Device error'

so I pull out the printer and plug it back in, I here 'Two' device insertion sounds not one for the printer (even if PDA is removed). everything is fine until 30 mins later it'll do the same. I know theres no spyware, or viruses as i ahve all the tools for that. anyone give me a clue?

also it only happens on the front USB Ports, not the back as my USB keyboard is on the back and that still works. so maybye one of the Hubs are failing?

total USB Periphials:
USB Keyboard - Back port
Printer - Front port
PDA Cradle - Front Port
Skype Phone - Keyboard USBport (Back Port)

PC is a Packard Bell Imedia VL.

thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:30 17 Sep 2006

try refreshing the ports.

Uninstall Everything under the heading USB in device manager, reboot the PC and let XP find new hardware and reinstall al the ports and equipment.

stuntmasterFLUX 18:06 17 Sep 2006

ok, will try that, right now my dads doing his paperwork so i'll have to give it a go tomorrow.

seems like that could be it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone