usb problem

aboutit 15:03 06 Sep 2009

I have tried to connect my external drive via USB and now i get the message not recognised malfunction. I have tried it in my laptop and no problem. Tried unplugging computer and restarting. checked device driver and it shows unknown usb but no yellow cross. When i checked it says no driver installed. C/System32/drivers/Klflt device system kaspersky labs can anyone help

howard64 16:28 06 Sep 2009

try control panel - administrive tools - computer management - storage - removable storage and see if you set it up. Also check in hardware - device manager - that there are no yellow marks.

woodchip 16:39 06 Sep 2009

in device manager uninstall any yellow icons then restart pc

aboutit 18:20 06 Sep 2009

as i said i have already checked device manager and it shows unknown hub kaspoersky no yellow marks

woodchip 20:18 06 Sep 2009

remove it

chub_tor 20:33 06 Sep 2009

Couple of things I don't understand.

Kaspersky has nothing on their website about USB hubs or devices.

Klflt doesn't seem to be recognised anywhere significant in Google, especially not as a dll driver.

I should do as Woodchip says and go to Device Manager and remove all references to USB, unplug any devices that you have connected to USB ports and reboot.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:20 07 Sep 2009

click here USB device viewer

will show all usb devices best to delete the device your having problems with do a reboot and let windows find and reinstall, this should solve your problem

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Interview: Camille Walala on her giant 3D installation inspired by childhood funfair visits

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Où regarder le British Open 2017 ?