USB problem

  EllyZelly 09:16 11 Mar 2008

Hi everyone, could you please help me?
I bought a new USB and it won't open. It has a message that says:
please enter a disk into removable disk (F:) (or G)
Please help.
Thank you.

  johnnyrocker 09:19 11 Mar 2008

a little more detail please like os and spec etc


  Technotiger 09:21 11 Mar 2008

A bit more information please - for starters what OS ? like XP or Vista for instance. What have you bought? A new USB ????? and what is it that you are trying to do?

Sorry about all the questions .....

  EllyZelly 09:29 11 Mar 2008

I am using Vista. I bought a USB mini cardreader.
What does spec mean?

  EllyZelly 09:29 11 Mar 2008

It says on the packaging that it is a 36 in 1, whatever that means.

  Technotiger 09:31 11 Mar 2008

OK - you do not need to do anything other than insert a Photo card from your camera into the correct slot in the card-reader. Then follow the on-screen instructions.

  Technotiger 09:33 11 Mar 2008

PS - 36 in 1 simply means that you have a very good Card Reader that has the ability to read data from 36 different makes and sizes of Card. Like all the different sizes and makes of Cameras etc.

  EllyZelly 09:39 11 Mar 2008

The photo card won't fit! It's the wrong size for my computer! Can I just attach the cord to the computer?

  Technotiger 09:43 11 Mar 2008

Another PS - Each of the slots in your Card Reader will show up in your My Computer as extra Drive Letters - like E: F: G: H: etc depending on how many actual slots the Reader has. When you put a card from a camera into one of the slots a window will then open just like it does when you click on any other Drive letter in My Computer. Be careful, do not try to force your camera's card into any old slot, when putting into the correct slot (they are all marked like CF/MD and MS and XD/SM and SD/MMC etc - and your card is also marked depending on which type it is.) your card will fit in without needing force, but also make sure that you put it in the correct Way up/down, so that the metal contacts on the card meet with the metal contacts inside the respective slot.

Don't worry, you will soon get the hang of it.

  Technotiger 09:55 11 Mar 2008

BTW - makes a change from PS - your card is what is known as a 'removable disk' as per your initial Post.

  EllyZelly 10:03 11 Mar 2008

Can I just buy another camera photo card separately?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?