USB problem

irishsteve 00:06 23 Jan 2007

I've just gotten a shiney new Mesh Elite2 PC the other day, but somethings wrong. I've installed my Zoomair USB Wireless Adapter (should point out I've never had a problem with it before) but here's the weird thing - when I turn the PC on, it thinks the wireless adapater is an unplugged ethernet connection, and if I unplug the adaptor, the PC restarts
The error message I get says its something to do with the video card (highly unlikely, but I reinstalled the graphics card and it didn't help). I've uninstalled and reinstalled both the adapter and the USB ports, and its still doing the same thing. Ideas anyone? I'm on Win XP Media Centre with SP 2 installed

xania 09:28 23 Jan 2007

Did you install the software before connecting the device - I believe you may have to for this to work. If not, that could be your problem. If you diod all this correctly, I suugest you report this to Mesh? As a brand new PC, you should have full warranty cover, but if you muck around too much this could be invalidated. You are perfectly justified in expecting a correctly installed USB device to work, and it doen't, so get in touch with your vendor to get it sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?