USB problem ????

Petesilver 17:17 12 Jan 2007

I was wondering if you could help me solve a problem
I recently purchased a matsui MP3 player model MAT 120MR, plugged it into my laptop, no problem, works perfectly,
but I also want to use it on my desktop however when I plug it in nothing happens no icon in my computer shows as on the laptop so I can't open any files, however when I looked in device manager it shows up under disks as (SIGMA TEL MSCN USB DEVICE) I checked and it states its working properly but its obviously not.
I have tried to install it on the add hardware program but the pc doesn't like it just goes on a walkabout and eventually freezes up the pc and I have to disconnect the player to clear it
The HP Laptop runs windows XP PRO
The Desktop runs Windows XP Home
All my other usb devices, ie printer,memory sticks,camera cards works perfectly

Stuartli 18:15 12 Jan 2007

This might be the driver for it:

click here

Seems to be a problematic device judging by postings. See, for instance:

click here

Petesilver 14:18 14 Jan 2007

Thanks for all you help Stuartli it all looks a bit to complicated for me so as it works perfectly on the laptop suppose i should count myself lucky after reading the c/net forum as i don't seem to have any other probs with it.

Eric10 17:29 14 Jan 2007

You could try right-clicking 'My Computer', then 'Manage', then 'Disk Management'. The device should be listed in the right pane as a drive but it may be trying to use the same letter as one of your existing drives. If this is the case then just right-click it and change to a free drive letter.

woodchip 17:43 14 Jan 2007

Try Uninstalling all USB from Device Manager then restart without any USB connected. After it resets the USB try the MP3

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?