USB print srver & HP printer installation help plz

Xevious 13:34 06 Aug 2004

D-Link DP-301U (USB print server) installation went 100% on a wireless LAN. great. now to install the HP printer (Officejet 6110 all-in-one). only problem is that the HP printer installation always comes with a SETUP.EXE and not the individual .inf files...

now when installing the printer on the WinXP PC, it can't recognise the port (LPR port succesfully created with IP address of print server previously) as it looks for a direct connection. if i bypass the port searching, it seems to install drivers with all software...etc, but the printer never appears in "installed printers"

so i plug the printer in directly to the PC with the USB and it finds it no probs and shows it in "installed printers" section. great. now to get back to the print server connection, i alter the printer to the LPR port of the print server and it disappears!

if i then try doing an "add printer" using the LPR port and then browsing for the driver (searches for the inf file) then i can't find it anywhere, not on the CD, not on the HDD. downloaded the driver from HP website, same thing.

am i missing out on something here? sorry that it's sooo long winded but better explain too much!

plz help!

thx!

Xevious 15:03 06 Aug 2004

bump

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?