USB ports

Liza 12:30 03 Dec 2009

Hello
Tell me are the USB ports going the same way as the 1394 or firewire port. My sister's Lexmark printer (on Dell Vista computer [both bought 2 years ago])is suddenly not playing ball "printer cannot communicate with the computer". We tried everything (uninstalling controllers [flashed found new hardware milarky),unfortunately she doesnt have flash drive, uninstalled/reinstalled printer (here no new hardware found appeared), visited lexmark website, no joy. The same problem is occuring with my niece's emachine computer I cannot install her printer on it but printer installs on the laptop. Tried flash drive here dont work either. Any ideas? Liza

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:30 03 Dec 2009

Refresh USB Ports
Use Drive clean up to remove USB device drive info from the registry
click here

Kevscar1 17:53 03 Dec 2009

Have you ntried pulling the lead out and reinserting it.

Liza 15:59 05 Dec 2009

Thank you Fruit Bat /\0/\. I will visit my niece and try on her emachine and also try on sister's dell and will report how I get on. Kevscar, yes I tried that.

When I said like the firewire connector, well I had a lot of problems with my Sony camcorer and nearly gave up when someone suggested a repair shop. It was dreadfully expensive repairing but he repaired it and said the socket was badly damaged and needed replacing or something but he finished by saying never insert the cable when the pc is on both camcorder and pc must be turned on after inserting the firewire cable. Liza

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?