usb modem compatability problems

crazyfoalhorse 17:36 09 Jul 2007

I recently upgraded my pc to run Vista home premium instead of xp. However my Vodafone Irl. usb modem (Huwaei E220) has compatability problems with Vista. Despite vodafone saying that they were working on new driver packages to date nothing has happened. Has anyone out there experienced the same problem and managed to get around it. All help appreciated.

mrwoowoo 21:40 09 Jul 2007

might be a long shot,but elsewhere on the forum someone had the same problem with another unsupported vista modem.they made sure their modem was the only thing connected to their usb sockets.When they restarted ,as it was the first thing vista picked up ,it apparently worked .

anskyber 21:44 09 Jul 2007
  crazyfoalhorse 15:30 15 Jul 2007

To all you PC Advisor readers & contributors I just can't say enough about how helpful you all are. For months I have being trying to get this little $5**er to work with absolutely no joy.
Finally with help from this community I am up and running. It's just amazing how a group of dedicated people who volunteer their time and knowledge have to do the work of a multi million pound corporation who sell you these devices in the first place. I am ever so grateful to all of you who helped out. I am of course refering to the Vodafone E220 USB Modem and it's compatability problems with Vista. If there are any Irish users reading this and experiencing the same problems as I did please feel free to contact me. Email [email protected]

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?