USB hub problem

chriscross72 09:15 13 May 2005

I have just connected a HAMA self powered usb 4 port hub to my pc....it seems to work fine until i turn off the pc....when i turn on the pc again , during the boot up process windows gets so far then there is a brief blue screen flash and the pc starts the boot up process again....i have sat and watched it do this procedure through three or four cycles with no sign of a sucessful start up....as soon as i disconnect the usb hub windows springs into life as happy as a sand boy....if i let the pc boot up then connect the hub all works correctly....as i said the device is a HAMA self powered hub number 73049004 . I have checked all connections and all is well....I have windows XP Pro on my pc....any ideas please ??

Thank You : ))

VideoSentry 10:18 13 May 2005

Is there anything connected to the hub?

jack 12:07 13 May 2005

Self powered?
Meaning its own power supply.
Try powering down the hub down [My Hama has the self power option -i.e. it has the socket but is powered through the PC] then power it up after - perchance some sort of conflict there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires