USB hub driver

lizzyr 18:31 09 Apr 2004

Hi can anyone help. I've acquired a 4 port USB hub for my pc, but it didn't come with a driver, so wont work. It doesnt have a make/company name on it so I don't know how ot search for a generic driver, if there is such a thing. Thanks, Liz

Old Shep 18:37 09 Apr 2004

I have a Belkin USB hub just plugged it in and it worked I thought that is what they all did!!! No drivers.

lizzyr 19:10 09 Apr 2004

It definitely doesn't work - there is no driver found in device manager

jimv7 19:16 09 Apr 2004

Is the usb enabled in the bios.

lizzyr 19:20 09 Apr 2004

Forgive my ignorance but what is a bios?

carver 19:20 09 Apr 2004

You shouldn't need any drivers for a USB hub, is it powered or unpowered, if it's unpowered what have you got connected to it.

lizzyr 19:22 09 Apr 2004

I've got my scanner and webcam connected to it and can't access either of them, as the hub is not recognised

mrdsgs 20:19 09 Apr 2004

what operating system on your pc?

does the usb hub have a power supply?

make sure that when you first connect it to your pc, nothing is connected to it (ie, disconnect scanner and webcam)

mrdsgs

rawprawn 20:23 09 Apr 2004

I have a Belkin 4 port powered usb hub, but it does not support all hardware. For example it won't run my scanner or printer. As far as I know there is no driver.

Belatucadrus 23:00 09 Apr 2004

If it's anything like mine it should be listed as "Generic USB hub" in the "Universal serial bus controllers" section of the device manager and shouldn't need any additional drivers. But you say it isn't there so the hub may be defective. Apart from the obvious checking that all the plugs are in correctly , you could have a look through the USBman site to see if anything looks similar click here for their patches and drivers page. Other than that take it back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?