usb host

jamesymc 00:46 09 Dec 2008

dont know if this is in right place but what it is ive bought a laptop on windows xp but when i plug my usb adaptor in it says this is running slow it would run faster with a usb host controller and i cant use my webcam because it says i need a usb controller someone told me if its xp it should have a usb controller or go and get one off microsoft website ive been to microsoft website and i havnt got a clue what to look for nevermind get all help is gratefull if u need the make and model of my lappy let me know thanks

Ashrich 01:08 09 Dec 2008

How old is the laptop , and is it supposed to have USB 2.0 or 1.1 on it ? Make and model would be handy .

Ashley

jamesymc 16:39 09 Dec 2008

its a compaq armada m300 its got an expansion bit on the bottom i think thats an hard drive its says windows xp on it and the usb is usb 2 ive went to device manager and had a look it only says intel(r)82371ab/eb pci to usb universal host controller
usb root hub if this helps any cheers

Ashrich 17:30 09 Dec 2008

I'm afraid that the M300 only has a USB 1.1 socket , same for the docking station , it is too old for USB 2.0 , however , you might be able to get a PCMCIA card with USB 2.0 for it , have a look on eBay or something similar .

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?