USB Headers

duncan_pereira 19:36 26 Sep 2010

Just finished my latest project- Converting a Dell Dimension 4100 into a sleek, shiny PC using an Antec 200 case, a new odd, a new hdd, a 500w modular psu which i plan to use in a future build and 3 Xilence 120mm fans for cooling. It's all well and good at the moment- very fast, quiet and with linux mint 9, it runs very smoothly.

However my Antec 200 case has two usb ports just sitting there. I've read through 126 pages of motherboard info and discovered that it has 2 usb headers-click here -one of which is being used for the rear I/0 panel. I know how to actually connect the cables but this MOBO uses a type of connection i have not come across before. Pg 70 of the above link has a layout of the pins.

Does anyone know where i can get a compatible cable to use? It would be much appreciated

chub_tor 18:15 27 Sep 2010

I can't see anything different from the normal USB header so am I missing something here? If your case has two front USB ports there is usually a cable coming from them to go to the on-board USB header - but of course if you are already using half of of that header to go to the rear I/O panel you will only have one available. The motherboard comes supplied with two integral USB ports so have you added another external I/O panel at the rear?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?