USB front panel connections on PC

Boy Zone 20:52 19 Jan 2003
  Boy Zone 20:52 19 Jan 2003

Hi to you all.
Can someone please help?
I have just purchased a new PC with a MSI 6585 mth board. This has 6 USB connection 4 on rear 2 on front panel. I can't get the front panel connections to recognise any USB devices. It comes direct via a cable from the mother board; have checked connections which seem ok.
Do I need the SP1 patch installed for USB2 to work, and could this be a reason why the front panel connections don't seem to work??

grove34 21:02 19 Jan 2003

you should have got a driver cd with the board , on that cd should be the usb2 drivers

hope this helps

Stalker 21:06 19 Jan 2003

Make sure that if the case comes supplied with a usb header cable that it works with the msi mainboard, some cases come with the cables split make sure you have cabled them up correctly, Can be tricky as you dont have a lot of room and you can some times put the wrong cable on the wrong connection (talking from experience)

Hope this helps

Stalker

Boy Zone 21:26 19 Jan 2003

I have checked the cable, its just a PIN connector to the board, have checked this connection as per the manual. How do I check to see if the cable is compatable with the MSI board?
I could go back to the suppliers but don't have much faith in their ability. Have even checked the connections from the PIN board connections to the USB front panel connections.
When I connect a USB devise I get a message informing me that this device will not work properly, yet when I connect the same device to the back panel all is fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?