USB to female DB25 cable

Colin 16:43 01 Feb 2006

We have recently purchased a new laptop with no parallel connector on it. The old lap top had a dongle fitted in to it using the parallel connection on the old laptop. To enable this dongle to be used on the new laptop I am trying to find a USB to female DB25 cable. We can buy a USB dongle, but the cost of it is quite high. Does anyone know of such a cable and where I could buy one from? I have looked at Belkin & Ixos, but they only supply a USB to a centronics parallel connection cable.

DieSse 16:57 01 Feb 2006

PC Card parallel port here click here not cheap though.

also here click here

cheaper here click here

The USB to printer ones are basically for printers only - and may not work with a *dongle* anyway.

Colin 17:28 01 Feb 2006

Thanks for the responses ßéLâ & DieSse.
It's possible that this type of cable won't work with a dongle, but the software provider wants £400 for a USB dongle! I'll look into your suggestions.

dms05 17:37 01 Feb 2006

Beware the USB to DB9 cables. I bought one for my newer laptop without a serial port. Despite trying many different drivers I've never been able to make it work and various forums are full of 'how do I make my USB/DB9 cable work'. They either do straight away or they never will! But it's a cheap option if it works. Even cheaper on ebay!

Colin 12:24 04 Feb 2006

Thanks for the responses. Ww've decided to bite the bullett & purchase a USB dongle.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?