usb extension cable

  Jule 10:56 09 May 2006

i have recently bought a digital camera and would like to connect it to my pc as well as directly to the printer. at the moment i have to pull the tower out each time to reach the usb port and would like to know if there is an extension lead i can buy to connect the usb port at the back and which will remain free to use from the front to make it easier to connect usb cables. i would appreciate if anyone can tell me what exactly to look for.

  €dstowe 11:01 09 May 2006

Here you are

click here

  yabadabado 11:01 09 May 2006

your looking for something like this?
click here
Its a male to female a to a cable if you wanna look in local stores... Most electrical stores sell them in the uk as far as i know...

  Jule 11:06 09 May 2006

many thanks for the advice, it's so easy when you know how!

  Smiler 11:06 09 May 2006

I think you need a usb powered hub such as this click here=
There are hundreds available at all sorts of prices

  Totally-braindead 11:08 09 May 2006

You can buy a male to female extension lead or you can buy a USB hub click here

  €dstowe 13:54 09 May 2006

Note that cameras as well as scanners and some other things can be very temperamental about being operated via a hub - powered or otherwise. Best to connect direct via cable - even and extended one. Cheaper too!

  €dstowe 13:56 09 May 2006

Sorry that should read " - - - an extended one."

Seems to be a lot of spare "d"s around today.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Interview: Camille Walala on her giant 3D installation inspired by childhood funfair visits

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Où regarder le British Open 2017 ?