USB Drivers

Mollo 17:36 01 Aug 2007

I've recently purchased a Navman GPS Navigation system. I'm happy with the performance and would now like to download the updates for the software used in the system. I connected the system to my PC as instructed but when I downloaded the updates to my PC I could not install them on the GPS and I get a "driver not found for this hardware" message.
As the system comes with all the sofware installed there are no CDs accompanying them.
Any ideas where I can obtain the necessary drivers to do the job?

mfletch 17:52 01 Aug 2007

Hi is there anything here that helps you?

click here

mfletch

Stuartli 18:31 01 Aug 2007

What is your operating system?

woodchip 18:34 01 Aug 2007

If the GPS uses a SD card, Download updates to the Computer Hard Drive. Check the readme file on where to put the downloads in the SD card

woodchip 18:37 01 Aug 2007

if you are using XP you need SmartSync click here=

Mollo 21:41 01 Aug 2007

Stuartli - Windows 98SE.

woodchip - SD card not being used, software loaded internally except for any map extensions.
Not using XP as yet but I'll keep your tip in mind should I upgrade.

mfletch - I've tried the Navman website but it seems to have a problem accepting my email enquiry.

woodchip 21:44 01 Aug 2007

I use it that way for my Acer n35 for GPS. I did itfirst in 98se using a card reader then after doing it I can now do it all in the PDA.

PS I now use Tom Tom on the PDA

Stuartli 22:07 01 Aug 2007

See:

click here

You'll also note the reference to the Unofficial Windows 98SE Service Pack.

Mollo 22:54 01 Aug 2007

woodchip, Stuartli, many thanks.

"Zibidee" just called!! It's time for bed says she.

I'll work on your tips over the weekend. Who knows my grandkids may solve the whole thing.

Good night.

Mollo 12:38 06 Aug 2007

mfletch - Checked out your link, sent an email to Navman, still waiting a reply.
Stuartli - Checked out your link,the Unofficial Windows 98SE Service Pack is interesting. I ran USB troubleshooter and it said I didn't need to update. I connected my Navman F20 to my PC using the USB lead for my Sony Videocam. Is that o.k. or do I need to buy the Navman USB lead? are they not all the same? When I was connected I carried out the instructions for starting the download and got the USB screen on the F20 which seemed to indicate all was o.k. then I got the "driver not found" error message on my PC.

keef66 12:49 06 Aug 2007

Any usb cable will do as long as it has the appropriate shaped connectors at both ends. We have dozens of usb gadgets and therefore dozens of cables; we just use the first one to hand. Using the same principle I also use a Motorola mobile phone charger with my TomTom One

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?