USB Drive Not Visible

Anti_Virus 15:15 05 Feb 2006

Hi I have a USB 'byteStor 256MB USB 2.0 Flash Drive' and am having some problems with it. Anyone who has a bytestor knows that when you plug it in two drives are visible in my computer (btw this is on xp), the USB Mass Storage Device, which is the main 256MB body of the drive, where you store your files. And also "floppy drive" obviously it's not a physical floppy drive, but a virtual one on the bytestor. Thats where the password progrma is kept, so in that you don't ever accidently dlete it. Well, up untill now my drive has worked fine, but now i'm having some trouble. When I plug it in, only the "floppy drive" is becoming visible in My Computer. I can't find the 256MB of space anywhere. Even in device manager it's not there, only the USB Drive that's the floppy. Anyone help?

VoG II 15:16 05 Feb 2006

Does it have a little switch? Make sure it is set to the 'open padlock' position.

Anti_Virus 12:27 06 Feb 2006

Yep, it worked as soon as i switched the padlock switch to unlock. Dunno why i didn't think of it before. Anyway, cheers, that's great. I thought it was maybe a virus of some kind for a mo. thanks again VoG

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?