USB devices are making my PC to freeze.

PC_Qs 18:42 30 Aug 2007

My Windows XP pC is working fine except for when i insert a device with a USB connecter. I have USB ports on both at back and front of my PC.

My Printer is connect to the PC using a USB connector and when i turn on my printer it freezes. This is the same as when i insert my USE memory stick. I have tried many things such as ran AV, spyware/adware programs including in safe mode but it still does not work and causes my PC to crash:(

Please can any help? How you experience this same problem? I can no longer use my usb memory stick and printer anymore. My broadband is connected using a USB and it is still working but i do not want to un-plug it becuase it might crash if i plug it back in.

Please HELP!!!

johnnyrocker 18:46 30 Aug 2007

how much memory do you have? i think you might get round the issue using a mains powered hub, unless anyone knows better.

johnny.

PC_Qs 18:50 30 Aug 2007

My PC specs are kinda good. 1GB RAM, 200GB HD nad 70% free space. I have ran WINDOWS update but still no luck.

click here
try Fruitbats uninstall everything usb post

PC_Qs 18:59 30 Aug 2007

I have gone into device manager and uninstall the USB ports but this still did not help. When i rebooted my PC it just picks them up again but when i insert for example my USB memory stick it freezes and i have to do a manual restart.

try usb uninstall in safe mode (if you havent already),follow the link
click here

PC_Qs 18:20 17 Sep 2007

I have tried the link in safe mode - click here.

But still no luck. Please surely someone much have a solid solution/fix for this particular problem. If the worse comes to the worse i think i will have to re-install my OS:(

thms 18:46 17 Sep 2007

Are you using the ones at the front. If so try the ones at the back of your computer.

If this works try connecting a powered usb hub to the usb connector at the back of your computer and connect your devices to that.

PC_Qs 18:50 17 Sep 2007

My printer is connected from the back of the PC and when i insert my USB memory stick at the front it crashed also.. I have tried swaping over the connector but still no luck:(

thms 19:12 17 Sep 2007

Looks like you are not alone click here=

try shutting down pc,remove power cable,leave for 20-30mins and then retry.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone