USB Device not recognized???? HELP!!

AngeTheHippy 20:14 26 May 2010

Hi Chaps,

This only started this morning - every couple of second, I get that annoying bally ding/dong noise and a balloon appears from the system tray telling me 'One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it. For assistance in solving this problem, click this message' - which I do, a window appears 'USB not recognized - the location of the device is shown in bold text' - but there is NOTHING showing in bold text or otherwise!! I've installed nothing to set this off. APART from a new Java update this morning. Could it be this please?

The device I was connecting via USB is my Canon Camera - works perfectly fine and the images uploaded OK too.

Thanks

Ange
x

northumbria61 00:11 27 May 2010

You could try removing the Java update as the problem appears to stem from there OR do a System Restore.

lotvic 00:26 27 May 2010

try reconnecting the Canon Camera and then use the 'Safely Remove' option. It sounds like windows thinks it is still connected and has malfunctioned.

AngeTheHippy 09:22 27 May 2010

Morning Chaps, many thanks for your replies. I have done a sys restore and ***crossed Fingers*** it has not recurred. I've also just connected the camera and it recognised it straight away without probs. That 'ding/dong' noice was getting RIGHT up my nose ... almost to the throw-the-lappy-out-the-window stage!!

Ange
xx

daveeb 10:38 27 May 2010

Could be a faulty motherboard. My pc does it randomly after pc has been on for > an hour. When it has happened my 4 rear ports stop working but the two front ports continue to work OK. I've given up trying to fix it and now just live with it.

billysuncn 15:35 27 May 2010

hi,you can go to the computer controll center,remove the hardware.then plug in the hardware,detect and scan the hardware,i think you can install it properly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017