USB connection

swanny2 13:35 25 Oct 2008

hi
im on windows xp I keep getting a pop up now and again saying USB connection,that a Usb is unplugged,now ive not unplugged nothing i have me keboard mouse and printer in the usb ports.with a few spare ones.why should i get this message,help any 1 please.
thankyou

swanny2 17:12 25 Oct 2008

its just popped up again , saying one of the ports has Malfunctioned and windows,can recogize it!!!

swanny2 12:51 07 Nov 2008

Ive still not resolved this problem the pop us says
One of the USB devices attached to ths Pc has malfunctioned,and Windows does not recognize it.For assistance in solving this problem click the message.!!!
When i click on it i get USBroot Hubs 3 and one of them says Unknown device and the other 2 say Unused port. Now all the thingfs connected via USB ports like my Mouse,Keyboard etc are all plugged in properly,yet i still get this pop up all the time,and getting more now,
any advice please.
thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:59 07 Nov 2008

Refresh USB Ports
Use Drive clean up to remove USB device drive info from the registry
click here

ronalddonald 14:03 07 Nov 2008

could try a ssytem restore to see if that helps or a repair the xp software using the disc. Im completely stuumped after that, i use to get, pops like that and i resolved by reinstalling the drivers and going to my computer riht click and properties and and seeing if there are any yellow questions marks and trying to reslove it from there, only do this if yu know what yur doing , in my case i diasbled the bluetooth, but in your case if you diasble the usb it may not work at all so be cautious.

ronalddonald 14:03 07 Nov 2008

try to reinstall the drivers,

swanny2 17:41 07 Nov 2008

thanks but how do i reinstall them ?

swanny2 18:43 07 Nov 2008

so annoying this pop up al the time.

tullie 19:29 07 Nov 2008

Once you have uninstalled all usb devices,reboot computer,they will be reinstalled./

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires