USB CF reader?

hiwatt 20:13 14 May 2008

Hi folks,In device manager I've got a yellow exclemation mark under portable devices/USB CF reader.I don't have a usb device connected.I have removeable discs E F G and H.I'm not quite sure what they're for?I'm trying to see if this can be anything to do with me loosing SR points every time my computer reboots.Any help much appreciated.Thanks.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:55 14 May 2008

do you have a card reade fitted to your PC/

If so this will be connected on an internal USB header off your motherboard.
Reinstall the drivers for it.

hiwatt 21:00 14 May 2008

I'm not sure I've not been inside the tower yet.The exclamation mark wasn't always there though.When I right click it's giving me options to uninstall,disable or update driver but it's saying the driver is up to date.My system restore is deleting it's points every time I reboot and I've tried everything to no avail.Could this be related do you think?Thankyou.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:01 14 May 2008

You do not need to go in the tower to see if you have a card reader.

Just uninstall it in device manager windows will reinstall on next boot if you do have one.

It will have nothing to do with restore points.

Is system restore switched on? (box unticked)

hiwatt 23:13 14 May 2008

I should have said OS is windows vista.System restore is on when box is ticked for c drive.I can create a SR point manually and the computer's creating them too but every time I reboot I have no SR points availiable.I have tried everything I can think of.I've got a thread running.click here Any help much appreciated.Thankyou.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?