USB CDRW drive not detected

User-359419E1-4301-4293-B57B323B4A77A8F1 01:55 11 Mar 2004

i have WIN98SE on my laptop.My CDRW with USB connection is not deteceted,i have tried to install it using the default drivers in the sysroot but never worked .plz help

anon1 08:28 11 Mar 2004

is usb enabled in the bios? Do you use any other usb devices?

Stuartli 09:21 11 Mar 2004

I presume it's an external rewriter - how is it powered i.e. do you have a mains transformer to use with it?

The basic Windows CDROM driver is all that is required for the unit.

the USB port is enabled in the BIOS,and the drive has got its own power supply.
Whell the system recognise it as a storage device windows installer try to get the drivers which normally is MSCDROM.sys(as a default driver for a cd drive)after rebooting windows i can see the drive in device manager but it says that its either the device not present which not true or windows couldnt get all the drivers for it.
the thing confusing is why i can use a cd drive through a pcmcia card and not throught usb??
plz poste if you have any ideas..
thanx

anon1 19:48 21 Mar 2004

Do you connect to the usb Before bootint up the pc or after? Make sure the power is on before you connect the drive.

the power cable always connected before i start any application.plz guys i need help i u have any ideas poste me back.
thanks in advancd

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?