USB CARD READER STOPPED WORKING

foolonthehill73 12:57 07 Feb 2008

Hi there,

My USB memory card reader appears to have stopped working. I am getting the correct sound when connecting the reader and disconnecting it, but the camera and scanner wizard no longer appears? I have gone into this but it says there are no pictures to download. I have checked the memory card in the camera and it is working fine. I have tried the reader in all the USB ports without success. I'm not sure how to find out what is wrong here, please help?
Many Thanks

Fingees 13:34 07 Feb 2008

Have you tried re installing the divers?

I had this problem a while ago, and a reinstall, done the trick.

foolonthehill73 14:21 07 Feb 2008

No I haven't actually, I don't know how to go about it, would you be able to assist me at all please? Thank you for your response.

Gongoozler 16:55 07 Feb 2008

The driver will probably be removed one of three ways.

1) In Device Manager (right click on "My Computer", select "Properties" and under the "Hardware" tab click on the "Device Manager" button. If the card reader is there - possibly in a sub menu - select and delete it.
2) Via Control Panel - Add/Remove programs.
3) Via Start - All Programs, there may be a program heading for the card reader leading to an Uninstall option.

Having said that, I have had a few card readers that have just stopped working due to hardware failure.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?