usb cables/extra sockets

  lezzzz 19:57 09 Feb 2003

My new cannon printer requires a usb socket the two that I have are being used Is it possible to purchase a splitter like for the telephone that allows for two phones to use the use the same socket.The only one I could find was in Dixons and cost £29+ but allowed for 5 plugins any advice

  Stokey 20:06 09 Feb 2003


What you want is a USB hub. Do a search on the net and you will find plenty for a bit less money than that. Get a "powered" one though if you can.

  VoG™ 20:06 09 Feb 2003

What you want is called a USB hub such as click here.

The alternative is to fit a USB card such as click here

  Simon_P 20:07 09 Feb 2003

There are 2 options availible. you need a hub or a USB PCI card if you have a spare PCI slot.

Cards are more stable hubs can be a little troublesome for some things.

click here

Hope this helps

  Never again 20:14 09 Feb 2003

I bought a new 4 port pci usb card on ebay for £10 and its running with no problems at all.

It was dead simple to install and win 98 already has the drivers.

Best of luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone X review

How to find a font: Discover the name of a typeface with these apps

The best iPhone for 2017

Comment créer un compte PayPal pour payer en ligne ?