USB 2.0 Problem

Expat 1 14:49 02 Apr 2007

I have an Advent 7100 Laptop which came with Dixons OEM Windows XP Home. Which crashed, Big Time about a month ago. Had to format and as there were no discs supplied with it, A recovery disk was included in the OEM, which dissapeared with the formating. Installed my legit copy of Windows XP Home, all has gone well accept the 2x USB 2.0 ports. I am running a 200GB External Disk drive which since the format is only working as 1.0 USB and I get the message that it would run a lot faster with 2.USB.

Is there any way I can get the 2.0 USB ports to function again?

recap 14:55 02 Apr 2007

Do you have the latest Service Pack and Windows Updates? click here the drivers necessary may be in the Service Pack/Updates?

MAJ 15:05 02 Apr 2007

Did you reload your motherboard drivers after the reinstallation?

Expat 1 15:49 02 Apr 2007

recap
Yes, Had to download SP2 and Install and have all the latest updates and drivers, to my Knowledge,Installed.

MAJ
The motherboard drivers were in the Original OEM that I had to format.

Do any of you think that I might be able to find the drivers if I was to go into the Motherboard set up on boot up ?

Expat 1 16:36 02 Apr 2007

How I could retrieve the drivers for my USB 2.0?

Greengage 17:07 02 Apr 2007

Can you check in Device Manager - USB to see if you have anything listed as Enhanced Host Controller. If you have, USB2 should be OK. If not, try uninstalling everything under USB then re-boot to let Windows re-install USBs.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:13 02 Apr 2007

The USB2 drivers are part of service pack 2 you need to install all the latest windows updates.

Greengage 17:15 02 Apr 2007

He's already done that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?