USB 2.0 NOT WORKING - (Still Isn't)-on going

Graphicool1 19:38 07 Oct 2008

UPDATE:
UPDATE:
Hi guys I feel a shade jaded, but a little more bouyant, than I was at my last update. At the moment the state of play would appear positive. I know you are all doing your best to come up with the ultimate cure all.
phono:
I did as you suggested, regarding the USB man and downloaded the driver that Shuffty mentioned. I didn't however pay any heed to the USB man's suggestion. To update all Device Drivers or update the BIOS. I decided to try something a little less traumatic first and if need be I could work up to other things.
I installed the driver, everything looked - as it does now - very promising. I plugged in an external HDD and waited for the tell tale message, none was forthcoming. So I Rebooted, as I have done before and sure enough - true to form - there it was 'This Device would work faster if you.....'
So I went into the Device Manager and uninstalled everything USB. Then I rebooted again and Windows found the the Card. I told it to search for the Drivers on the OS. It did and installed them. I've rebooted a couple of time since and everything has remained the same. Looking good. However, as yet I haven't turned the PC totally off and on. At the moment I'm basking in the warm feeling of possible, even probable success at long last? Although - it has to be said - I've been in this position quite a few times over the past few weeks. I don't want to rush headlong into the inevitable, but I can't put it off any longer. I'll give you an update tomorrow or later if I can face it. Let's hope it's positive. I'm turning off now!!

Graphicool1 19:39 07 Oct 2008

Aarrggh!

UPDATE: A little quicker than I thought!

The USB Card crashed before I was able to turn the PC off! It was fine for half an hour or so. As so many times in the past and then Pfft. It just fizzles out and gives up. We have so little time. I feel as though I'm just wasting it and encouraging you to do the same. Still, let's not get maudling, let's look on the positive side, tomorrows another day.

Graphicool1 19:47 07 Oct 2008

New message:
The Device Manager is nolonger telling me the unknown Device would run faster in a USB slot. It's saying...'There are no Hi-SPEED USB Controllers on this computer'?
Recommendation:
The unknown USB Device will function at reduced speed. You must add a Hi-SPEED USB host controller to this computer to obtain maximum performance.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:03 07 Oct 2008

1. stop starting new threads on the same subject it is very confusing this is at least the fourth.

2. Throw the Ali card in the bin and get one with a Via chipset they only cost approx £8 for 4 USB2 Ports + 1 internal

ronalddonald 20:52 07 Oct 2008

look its very uncool to start more and more new threads and it cn be pretty annoying. Suggestion tick this as resolved and go back to your very first thread when u posted about the usb and take it from there. you might think people are ignoring u but its isnt true.

U c if you go to the original and post something on there it go straight to the top and we all members of PC advisor will read it c. So waht your waiting 4.

Graphicool1 09:29 08 Oct 2008

ronalddonald:
As you so forcefully insisted. I'm clicking already, happy now?!

Graphicool1 09:45 08 Oct 2008

This post continues on:
USB 2.0 NOT WORKING - (Still Isn't)
Sorry for messing with your heads guys. I had a bit of trouble finding this one yesterday, no idea why?
ronalddonald:
Thanx for pointing me in the right direction.
One last word on this thread before moving back...
Fruit Bat /\0/\:
Yes I could throw it in the bin, but how do I know that it's the card that's dud. Or probs with the PC?
G1

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017