USB 2 memory module

JPJBozo 20:59 19 Nov 2006

I have been using a Kingston Traveller MIGO II on any number of computers with USB1 & 2 with no problems downloading onto any of them and on my old xp sp2 1.7 GHz PC. Recently bought an 'ACER' 2.9 GHz xp2 with USB2 and it isnt recognised by windows, every other device I have is i.e. camera, game control etc. Contacted Acer and all I got was if I put any new? hardware in the machine it invalidates the warranty, nonsense sort of thing and very helpful of course. Loaded the drive from Kingston with no go, Kingston were contacted and just said it was difficult as they havnt tried it on Acers PC's, bit strange that. Of course being paranoid I am wondering if there is some sort of conflict between the 2 and there is something that ACer have done on their pre installation. If not has anybody any idea what is going on with it not being recognised by windows as all the USB 2 info is up and running for everthing else.

woodchip 21:19 19 Nov 2006

I would say you have a Faulty USB2 device i.e Kingston Memory

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:36 20 Nov 2006

Refresh USB Ports
In device manager Uninstall EVERYTHING under the heading USB,
reboot the PC let XP find and install new hardware.
Your equipment should now be recognised.

Aargh 10:48 20 Nov 2006

They can be unstable - it's not uncommon for them to crash. If it works with others on the same standard, the thing is probably defective, rather than the PC.

JPJBozo 20:11 20 Nov 2006

Thanks Fruit Bat I was about to reinstall the USB drives, but thought I would ask everybody else out there if there was something else I could try as the device works on every other PC I have tried it on, with no problems. So I will post the response as being resolved as there doesnt seem to be any other options. What amazes me is that I looked in the helproom etc and couldnt find anything relevant, and then posted query. Went onto helproom to look at other members problems and sods law being what it is there was another member asking the same question, with the same answer. Oh well tally ho. Thanks once again guys & gals.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?