USB 2 Installation....advice.

zinnie 16:20 29 Nov 2004

I pan to install a 4-port USB 2 PCI card. I already have installed a 2-port USB 1 PCI card...should I remove this card before I install the USB 2 card, or can I leave it in without any conflict between the cards.
Anyone have any advice !

recap 16:32 29 Nov 2004

I have both running on my computer. The only problem I had with the installation was the instructions.

The instruction said to load the drivers first then install the card (Trust). I found it was the other way round.

woodchip 16:38 29 Nov 2004

Can you close this tread and use one please

Danoh 16:40 29 Nov 2004

Zinnie, try to stick to just one thread; click here

Yes, you will be able to run both PCI cards but USB 1 (as opposed to 1.1) is such a low bandwidth as to be inconsequentialy now a days.

It would be more advisable to allow better air flow between your PCI cards and especially near your Graphics card, that unless you really need the extra 2 USB 1 ports, you're better off discarding it.

Your USB 2.0 card is backward compatible so all your USB 1.1 and USB 1 devices will still work off those 4 ports.

Danoh 16:42 29 Nov 2004

WoodChip ~ snap!

Recap ~ could be that your Trust drivers were older than the one that came bundled with your O/S or installed someother way. My Belkin's worked better having the drivers pre-installed first.

zinnie 17:47 29 Nov 2004

thanks eveyone for your help.
Sorry about the double thread Danoh..it wasn't deliberate..just two clicks.

Danoh 22:32 29 Nov 2004

Thanks zinnie. And no worries. Hope we've helped.

Any chance of a couple more clicks to tick the other thread as ressolved as well please? click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?