USB 2, 5 port PCI card

Taw® 16:50 04 Mar 2005

I have the above 4 ports external and one internal. Recently had cause to connect an extension lead to the internal port so that iI could connect my usb memory drive. Computer picked up unkown device and installed. this is what shows in device manager, does not seem to recognise the drive. The other 4 external ports recognise it ok, jus the internal. Have tried other devices and the same thing. Is there any settings needed for the internal port that I need to adjust, or is it just a faulty port? Win XP Pro

TomJerry 16:54 04 Mar 2005

if you have not tried

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:58 04 Mar 2005

What else did you have pluged in to the two right hand ports when you used the internal port?

Taw® 16:59 04 Mar 2005

Cheers TomJerry, tried that, as stated it is only the internal port on the PCI card that does not recognise things, other than sometimes recognising it as an unkown device. I think either the internal port is not working or there may be some adjustment somewhere

Taw® 17:01 04 Mar 2005

Fruit Bat /\0/\ there are 4 external, I have a brother laser printer, Canon photo printer, icam320 and agfa snapscan on these externals.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:07 04 Mar 2005

The internal apperaers to use the same power supply aas the two right hand ports.

If you have something of heavy power usage ie a printer in the port, this then "weakens" the others and you get an unrecognised.

Try with just the readerin and nothing else.

Taw® 19:15 04 Mar 2005

Fruit Bat /\0/\ seems to have done the trick, cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Android Oreo News: Release Date & New Features

Best Photo Editing Apps for iPad

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Comparatif : quelle est la meilleure batterie externe 2017 ?