Urgent please!!!!!!!

gudda96 14:51 03 Apr 2007
  recap 15:19 03 Apr 2007

What are your problems with OE gudda96? If you post them people may be able to help you faster than using your email.

Jak_1 15:26 03 Apr 2007

How old is the pc and what are its specs? What os are you trying to load?

jimv7 15:26 03 Apr 2007

Its also not a good idea to advertise your email address, you can be mailed via the brown envelope beside your name or wait for the reply postings.

xania 15:40 03 Apr 2007

In many cases youi can get the cot#rrect OE configuration by either going to your ISP web site or by contacting theie help desk. Many ISPs have differnt names for their pop servers, so one configuration does not fit all. Which ISP does your daughter use?

johndrew 16:01 03 Apr 2007

If you are using XP, open OE go to
`Tools>Options>Connection>Change>Setup` a Wizard should open to walk you through. If your ISP has provided a CD to set things up all the information will be available all you should need is your e-mail address, username and password.

provider 2 16:17 03 Apr 2007

This any help? click here

birdface 18:01 03 Apr 2007
  gudda96 08:26 04 Apr 2007

Hi Guys

Thanks for replies guys, all sorted now,the problem was that I set up my old pc for daughter as I have gone to laptop.

She uses Telewest so all settings were new to me although I had done printscreens first. I had a brief session with support in India, no need to elaborate on that issue, but most important, I had typed one digit wrongly when filling in "servers" details.

And BTW jv7, thanks for your advice but it was not my private address, point taken though.

xania 09:22 04 Apr 2007

Please mark as Resolved and could you in future please label your threads to better explain your problem.

Have a nice Easter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone