URGENT: i keep getting malware and spyware alerts?

ramsden1 08:34 21 Aug 2007

i have recently set up broadband on my pc and did not have any anti spy ware, i am constantly getting the pop up in the bottom right corner of my tast bar 1 is a yellow triangle and the other a shield with a ? in. they are both saying you have malware and spyware on your computer and click here to download new software? yesterday i downloaded A SQUARED which cleared trojans? but i am still getting these pop ups which is annoying and when i connect to the internet instead of my homepage it goes to internet security centre first. i hae been told these pop ups are just to get me to buy software but how do i get rid of all this?
thanks

johnnyrocker 08:50 21 Aug 2007

do you have any antispyware that runns in the background such as spyware blaster etc?

johnny.

ramsden1 08:51 21 Aug 2007

i just have a squared thats it? does any of these pop up blockers in the download section of this site actually do any good?

Probabilitydrive 08:51 21 Aug 2007

Courtesy of Skidzy click here
Download several other Anti-spyware programmes and run them. If the pop ups are still there, go into safe mode and repeat the process of running the spyware removal programmes.

Seth Haniel 09:24 21 Aug 2007

right click START - select 'Properties' - then 'TaskBar' tick 'Hide inactive icons'
then select 'Customize'
find the 'spyware icon' and under 'behaviour in the drop down box -select 'Always Hide'
click OK - Apply - OK
that stops the nag (and the accidental clicking on it to their hom page) while your other spyware sorts it out

birdface 09:44 21 Aug 2007

Googled.Looks like you have Smitfraud, click here may be better waiting for someone to explain to you how to remove it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone