urgent help....speedtouch 330

iqs 23:49 28 Feb 2004

hello......i have just received my bt yahoo b/b package,but iam having problems installing the modem.when you come to install the driver,the install wizard pops up stating there was a problem installing the driver,you hardware might not work...access denied( i have administrative rights).i have tried this 5 times,each time the same.
when you access device manager and click on speedtouch it states code 28.what does this mean/do i have enough power to operate the modem,500ma is required.
i tried the modem on my brother in laws pc,no problems.because of this i remastered the pc,it was due .but still the same.
its now 11 51 pm gmt,i started this installation 6 hours ago.please any advice urgently required.
i hope to hear from you .
goodnight and thanks
iqs
p4 win xp 512mb usb1

Dipso 00:00 29 Feb 2004

Do you have a VIA chipset? See this click here but ignore the post title.

Dipso 00:08 29 Feb 2004

Have you tried the latest version of the driver 3.0.1 click here

iqs 08:16 29 Feb 2004

hello dipso
im not to sure what you meen by via chipset.below is the description of my motherboard.i have a imedia 5091 packardbell.best regards iqs

Columbia (GA-8SIML) Ver 1.0 µATX motherboard
Name: Columbia (GA-8SIML) Ver 1.0
Type: µATX motherboard
Manufacturer: Gigabyte

simonp1 08:21 29 Feb 2004

why not try their help line....??

this link might help

click here

Halmer 08:49 29 Feb 2004

When it has fully booted up are the two green lights on top of the unit lit?

I had a problem with this modem that was solved by buying a Belkin Powered USB hub. £20 from my local place, £30 in Currys.

Let me know please because I jumped thro' a number of hoops trying to get mine to work and may have some suggestions.

ardvarc 09:15 29 Feb 2004

Mine is connected to a USB 2 port and works OK and it does need a lot of power. Might seem a silly question but did you install the software before connecting modem as is advised. Also to it's own USB port, not shared.

iqs 10:28 29 Feb 2004

halmer..

when install wizard states unable to install ,the red light is flashing.no other lights are on.

ardvarc...

the connection was made after i tried to intall the driver.i followed the on screen instructions.
1;load disc 2;connect asdl 3;install driver 4;connect to usb..thats as far it gets.

simonp1

im at work at present.i will try their number tomorrow.thanks

i have a usb2 card,but becauses i dont have the sp1 installed i dont have usb2 speed.when it WAS fitted it stated 500ma.could this help,but using belkins own drivers ?.

hope to here from you soon.
thanks
iqs

Halmer 18:55 29 Feb 2004

here is my thread.

If you don't sort it by not spending any money i.e. updating drivers etc) I suggest that you by a powered usb.

click here

Halmer 18:58 29 Feb 2004

pulling the USB connection in and out a few times to see if the green lights eventuually light up?

If they do, it is more than likley a power issue I think.

iqs 19:27 29 Feb 2004

hi halmer....i have tried pulling the lead in and out,still the same.it looks like a powered hub,more money.if i dont receive any more suggestions that my next move.thanks for your help.
cheers iqs

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?