Urgent Help required!!! Has Browser Been Hijacked?

julius44 20:07 02 Aug 2009

Hello my good friend foned me yesterday and today , shes a bit concerned and so am I. She has Dell laptop that shes had for less then 1 year....she has KIS 2009 on it for protection....she mentioned that on friday her laptop was running a bit slower then normal....on saturday she mentioned that she woz unable to log on her Barclays and First direct banking websites......it kept saying user details not recognized....she's tried again this evening..still same problem, but her ebay and other accounts seem to work ok. Any suggestions please??? Shes always very careful on sites she goes to...she does use wireless, and it has a WEP key...but could her wireless security have been breached?? Or is there a virus on laptop??? Shes scanned with Kaspersky and says nothing came up whatsover. Very urgent help is needed here...shes also mentioned that her laptop was doing a hard drive repair for some strange reason(like a screen dump)...i told her this is normal as a i have friends laptop here with me, and I have seen it checking for hard disk errors) Shes using Vista

woodchip 20:19 02 Aug 2009

Wep Key is weak Encryption may as well not have it if you only use Wep, She should use WPA-PSK.
Some one may have gained access to her connection, and using it will slow her connection and use Bandwidth if she is on at the same time. If her BB is capped it will also use it up faster

baldydave 22:19 02 Aug 2009

Try running a antimalware/spyware program like this
click here
Make sure you click on update tab first then scan

julius44 22:41 02 Aug 2009

Shes come to use my pc and her barclays and first direct work fine with my pc........hello baldydave, u mentioned antimalware/spyware program, but as she already has Kaspersky should she install anything else??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?