Urgent help required with FF and IE8 please!!!

julius44 08:10 07 Dec 2009

Hello there and good morning to u all. Urgent help is needed here pls!!! Problem started yesterday mornong, I have a wired desktop, which works fine, and a Ps3 connected wirelessly, and this works perfectly as well. I have my cousins laptop vista here, which was working fine up till yesterday morning buw now out of the 3 browsers only google chrome works perfectly!!! FF and IE8 will not work!!! They just hang!!! with FF when i manage to first get to the google seach engine and then type in for instance bbc news..the webpages display fine, then when i click on the link, nothing happens the link wont even open!!!!! Ive scanned with kaspersky, no virused!!! used cc cleaner, used system mechanic.....problem still persists!!! Google chrome works fine, but i still need FF and IE8 to work!!!! Urgent help needed here pls!!!!

eedcam 08:17 07 Dec 2009

System Restore perhaps?

Halmer 08:19 07 Dec 2009

Zone Alarm?

Halmer 08:19 07 Dec 2009

Zone Alarm?

julius44 08:26 07 Dec 2009

I'm extremely desperate, so i did try system restore it gave me the option of other dates but i tried dec 1st....the laptop then did a few things, it shut down, and then started up again....and then it said system restore was unsucessfull. so i guess that did not work then. Any other suggestions pls?? Aslo i dont use zone alarm as kaspersky has its own firewall. I desperately need to sort this out very soon pls!!!!!!

AL47 10:16 07 Dec 2009

click here"

its unusual that one of 3 work

does ff show this? this is what happens when my firewall blocks it..

just a shot..

AL47 10:18 07 Dec 2009

hate how this site does image hosting

click here

rawprawn 16:48 07 Dec 2009

Try this in IE, go to Tools> Internet Options> Advanced Tab and click on "Reset" at the bottom see if that changes your connectivity for IE

julius44 16:49 07 Dec 2009

Hi there AL47, thanks for the links, but its neither of the images above......when i click on ANY link the webpage just hangs and nothing happens, thats all. I still need help pls!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone