URGENT HELP REQUIRED!

wrfc_rabbit 10:19 08 Jun 2007

Hi guys!

i have a HP Compaq presario C310ea (purchased around XMAS time) that is now dead (i think!)

originally it was running Windows XP MCE and i recently wiped it clean and installed ubuntu. i got bored of ubuntu and was unable to find my hp compaq recovery disk :(

I have a copy of Windows xp but that has not got the support for the SATA disk that was pre installed in the laptop.

how can i solve this problem?

please help

Nathan

p.s im a student and cannot afford the recovery disks from compaq!

Jackcoms 10:47 08 Jun 2007

It seems to me that either you need to find the original XP CD or purchase a new copy from Compaq.

You may wish to ask Compaq nicely and they MAY send you a free replacement. I recently did this with Dell and they sent me, not only a Windows CD, but an updated utilities CD for my (student) daughter's laptop.

On another note, it is normal to use a thread title which actually describes your problem so that members can decide if they have the knowledge to help.

"URGENT HELP REQUIRED!" is of no use to any of us.

wrfc_rabbit 10:49 08 Jun 2007

thanks for the advice! sorry about the title!

any way to change it?

Jackcoms 10:51 08 Jun 2007

"any way to change it?"

No. Regard it as a lesson learnt

Stuartli 11:02 08 Jun 2007

You can obtain SATA drivers from the motherboard manufacturer or Compaq websites.

They should be included in the motherboard drivers.

wrfc_rabbit 11:18 08 Jun 2007

The motherboard drivers! how do i get them when installing windows??? i would need a USB floppy drive i guess?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:40 08 Jun 2007

click here for all your drivers

Your CD drive may run without the driver just insert the XP CD and boot the laptop.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?