Urgent help needed with Word 2002 please?....

Gaz 25 16:36 07 May 2003

I have 512Mb DDR of memory, Amd Athlon XP 2600+ processor and Word 2002, with all Service packs, and updates.

I have noticed if I copy a picture or a selection of tect in one program, when I open word and go to copy the copy button greyed out.

However if I recopy with word left open it works, it is as though word on start wiped the clipboard.

How can I resolve this?...

PS. I have reinstalled it with no luck...

Thanks.
Gareth

Goldcroft 16:43 07 May 2003

I may have misunderstood, but you say: "I have noticed if I copy a picture or a selection of tect in one program, when I open word and go to copy the copy button greyed out."

If you copy something the next action has to be paste somewhere. Then that frees you up to copy something else.

MartinT-B 16:46 07 May 2003

Yes, You can only copy one thing at a time to the clipboard. Be that an entire webpage, a picture, a document, a section of text or just 1 letter.

Once copied, it must be pasted or the next 'copy' will over-write.

Gaz 25 16:49 07 May 2003

When I open lets say notepad and copy some text, when I then open Microsoft word, leaving notepad open, and go to paste the text, the paste button is greyed out as though there is nothing on the clipboard.

This happens every time, and in settings it is set to cut, copy and paste.

How can I resolve?

Thanks,
Gareth...

PS. I was multi tasking, and failed to type my problem correctly.

Hope someone can help.

Pesala 16:53 07 May 2003

When you do that, can you paste back into the application from which you copied the text or picture? Check clipbrd.exe to see if the clipboard really is empty. Doesn't Word have a Spike tool that can copy multiple clips? If so, maybe Word maintains its own independent clipboard.

Gaz 25 16:58 07 May 2003

and opened word, all dissapeared,

How can word wipe a clipboard?

How can I stop this?

Regards,
Gareth

MartinT-B 17:00 07 May 2003

Have you tried edit/paste from the drop down list

or Ctrl+V (hotkeyed paste) or hold down Alt, press E (edit dropdown menu will appear) then press P and it should paste.

I tend to use hotkeys more often than icons.

In the interim, I'm opening notepad and word to check if I have the same problem :)

MartinT-B 17:01 07 May 2003

nope

It works for me!

Gaz 25 17:06 07 May 2003

Can anyone help?

MartinT-B 17:06 07 May 2003

Okay tried all 5 methods of copy/pasting from notepad to word 2000 with notepad open and notepad closed.

Right click, copy, right click paste - worked

icons - worked

ctrl+C then Ctrl + V - worked

Alt, E, C then Alt, E, P - worked

Finally using Edit copy, edit paste worked.

I'm stumped!

Gaz 25 17:18 07 May 2003

There is in security:

High setting...

Then Microsoft Corp.

Microsoft Corp.2

Microsoft Corp.23

In a non abbreaviated form, however when I take the top one away, Copy paste works fine...

There must be a macro telling word to wipe clipboard it every time I start word.

It is signed, and now I get a dissable or trust, if I click disable the same messages re-appear.

I run full up-to-date anti-virus, any ideas?

Can I remove macros?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?