Urgent Help needed (acer related)

RJdownie 17:34 03 Dec 2007

Hello, I am in some urgent help. I had a inportant deadline coming up in next few hours.
I restared my Acer Desktop machine and it was going slugish so I decided to back up my work on a external HD and Foramt my windows.
Format went preety smoothly with the disks provided with Acer, but to my horror everytime I boot up now I get to the acer recover screen with the options restore from disk or restore from (can not rember off hand).
I have again tried both of these mothords and I am still going back to the same screen.
Please help.

Graham. 17:45 03 Dec 2007

Is there still a disc in the drive?

RJdownie 17:56 03 Dec 2007

No there is not. For futher help the screen that I get taken to is the ERecovery setting's.

RJdownie 18:18 03 Dec 2007

I am getting this off the acer website.

Why does eRecovery not work after I restore from factory default CD to a brand new hard drive?

"eRecovery requires specific partitioning structure to support its functionality. If a hard drive does not consist such structure, it will not work at all."

How would I go about this?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:54 03 Dec 2007

If you altered the size of the partitions or created another partition on the drive the the recovery system will not work.

You need to make sure the drive is EXACTLY as it was when new.

I made the same error and changed the partitions on my Medion before reading the info in the online manual regarding recovery.

I now use Acronis true image to copy the drives.

Graham. 19:10 03 Dec 2007

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017