Urgent help needed

antony.dandrea 19:07 23 Feb 2009

Ok sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt.
When i doesn't work, sometimes a simple computer restart is the solution. However this is not always the case.

For some reason it says there is a problem with my internet connnection when there clearly isnt seeing as i am on the internet right now.

Iv looked at ll firewall and secrurity settings and they are not the cause of the problem.

Please Help.

(P.s. I would like to moan about how little help Microsoft have been for help on their own product)

Sea Urchin 19:12 23 Feb 2009

Not a good idea to post a duplicate thread

click here

Stick to the same thread, and bump it up the list if you want to.

MAJ 19:12 23 Feb 2009

What's "it"? Try to be less cryptic and explain the problem.

MAT ALAN 19:13 23 Feb 2009

P.s. I would like to moan about how little help Microsoft have been for help on their own product

How do you know it's their product that is the problem...

Could be your service provider, could be third party software conflict, could be a router issue..

any error message you get may help, your O/S and how you connect may help us point you in the right direction......

antony.dandrea 19:17 23 Feb 2009

Well considering that it was all working until the forced me to install an update by not letting sign in unless i did even tho i already did update it. And it was working fine b4 this and wen i restored the computer. and evrytime i uninstall and re download it doesnt work. so yes, it is Microsoft.

antony.dandrea 19:17 23 Feb 2009

Messenger 8.5

MAT ALAN 19:26 23 Feb 2009

Well at least we know why now!!!

8.5 was a beta version maybe downloading the 2009 version may help to resolve your ptoblem...

MAT ALAN 19:27 23 Feb 2009

click here

OOOPS!!! link would help..

skidzy 19:28 23 Feb 2009

Uninstall Messenger ,cleanup with Ccleaner and reinstall Messenger

Ccleaner click here

Hiya Matt me ol mucker :-))

Leave you with this one,reckon its going to be fun :-))

antony.dandrea 19:36 23 Feb 2009

then y did a message saying that i had to update to sign in. plus wen i used the link u sent me, it sed i already had it, so i dont think thats the reason,

Iv already done all clean ups to registry etc, no problems found ther

MAJ 19:38 23 Feb 2009

now your keyboard is messed up too, The_Doctor. Do a System Restore to a date prior to installing the update.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?