urgent graphics problem...

djbenny 19:27 24 Oct 2006

i ran a old game in windows xp home and now the screen fits 2 icons on it the mouse is the size of a floppy disk and i cant put the graphics settings back...because the properties window doesnt fit on the screen should i un install the graphics drivers or is there another way to fix this problem?

Bob The Nob© 19:30 24 Oct 2006

Have you reset the computer?

Terry Brown 19:47 24 Oct 2006

Try re-loading the graphics CD, and it shoud restore your graphics to normal, if you do not have a graphics CD,try the XP CD (Reset the bios to boot from CD for this)
If you cannot see enough of the screen to do this, go to the microsoft website and download the floppy disk set, create your disks (6)and boot from them, follow all the prompts, select SECOND repair option, and this will re-build your system.
During this time, your anti-virus & Firewall softwall will NOT be active, so make sure you turn off the modem before starting.
You may need to re-load your updates & security fixes again.
Terry

jimv7 20:18 24 Oct 2006

Restart the computer, pressing F8 as it starts, choose 'start in VGA mode' then try to reset your resolution and do not forget to check if the frequency the monitor is set either too high or low..

djbenny 17:47 25 Oct 2006

i fixed it thanks!

uninstalled graphics driver and reinstalled!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?