Upside down 'desktop'

Bogbrain 20:17 17 Sep 2006

Friend just asked me how to turn their desktop back up the right way. Apparently her kids were 'messing about' on her laptop and the next thing she knew upside down desktop. I'm sure there's an easy solution I just don't know what it is. I suggested re-booting starting in safe mode etc it made no difference. She needs the laptop for some sort of urgent work from home tomorrow. Any ideas I will forward to her via email. All I know apart from that is she's running Win XP.

DieSse 20:23 17 Sep 2006

If she has a nvidai based graphics card or chipset -

Control Panel - Display - Settings - Advanced

Click on the graphics card tab - the nvidia properties will start up - and look for nVRotate. Set it back to 0º

If there is an nvidia icon in the system tray - you can undo the Rotate from there.

If it's a different graphics chip, it'll be there somewhere, but I can't tell you where.

VoG II 20:24 17 Sep 2006

Either move to Australia or look at her graphics card settings - probably in Control Panel. On My ATI card there is a Rotate option.

ArrGee 20:40 17 Sep 2006

Surely standing on your head would be a cheaper option than moving to Australia?

ArrGee 20:41 17 Sep 2006

In Control Panel you should have either what DieSse has suggested or there should be an icon for NVIDIA nView Desktop Manager, which will do the trick.

VoG II 20:44 17 Sep 2006

Sorry, missed the obvious as usual :o)

Is it just me or is there a sort of 'festive spirit' on the forum today? Why I don't know - perhaps the Indian summer?

Stuartli 20:51 17 Sep 2006

People spend a lot of money to enjoy an Indian summer as well - too long a flight for many though...:-)

Wouldn't it be equally as easy to turn the monitor upside down?

mammak 20:55 17 Sep 2006

And let a lesson be learned at allowing kids to play about with the computer when you have important work on it rant over.

Bogbrain 20:58 17 Sep 2006

Well I told her to just turn the laptop upside down but she didn't seem to take to that too kindly.
lol I agree mammak that's what I said to her, keep the little feckers away from laptop

ArrGee 21:02 17 Sep 2006

Ah yes, the old upside-down monitor job. Does that mean you have to hold the mouse backwards too?

Bogbrain 21:06 17 Sep 2006

lol stuartli, I dunno, I'll ask her.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?